The application deadline is now closed. Thank you to all interested organizations. Selected charities will be announced shortly.
2014 CHARITY APPLICATIONS DUE SEPTEMBER 27
Ottawa, September 12, 2013
For immediate release.
The Ottawa Dragon Boat Foundation is receiving applications for the new group of charities that will benefit from upcoming fundraising. The application deadline is September 27 at 4 p.m.
President and CEO, John Brooman is pleased to announce that the Foundation will be supporting 5 charities, at two tiers in 2014. “Tier 1 offers $500,000 over four years for a capital project to enhance visibility of our organization. Tier 2 will support 4 charities with $25,000 for a minimum of 2 years, with potential to renew.”
The 2014 Charity Selection Committee is preparing to interview charity contenders in October. Festival and Foundation co-founder, Warren Creates, maintains enthusiasm as a member of the Selection Committee, saying “I want a perfect (committee participation) record since establishing the “giving” (donations) part of our Festival. I am in!” (for this year’s review), enjoying the goodwill created over the past 20 years.
Foundation board chair, Sandy Foote encourages applicants, “We are interested in hearing from any charities that offer programs in the National Capital Region and look forward to learning about local charity partnership opportunities”.
2014 Charity Application Information
Deadline: Friday, September 27, 2013 by 4 p.m.
Please find our 2014 PDF application form and information here. We look forward to hearing from you!
Further information / FAQs:
- Interested charities may apply to both of the Tier 1 & 2 levels but will be eligible for funding for one Tier per charity/ organization.
- Letters of reference should be from any stakeholder of the applicant.
- Annual volunteer requirements include 8 monthly Charity Committee fundraising planning meetings (usually 1.5 hours, in the morning) plus one wrap-up meeting, with the primary focus during the Festival (mid-June) being:
Volunteer commitment during Festival
Minimum equivalency of 35 volunteers, providing 8 hours of time.
Minimum equivalency of 25 volunteers, providing 8 hours of time.
- We will not fund operating costs, however:
- expansion projects are eligible and,
- programs are eligible.
Questions: 613.238.7711 x 223 or Foundation@dragonboat.net