Who benefits from the funds I raise for Ottawa Dragon Boat Foundation?
The funds raised through the Pledge Challenge have supported 41 charitable organizations. A complete list can be found here.
What is the Charity Challenge Cup?
The Charity Challenge Cup is an extra race for our top fundraising teams! This is where the off-water competition faces off ON the water! Races include Rookie Race (top 8 fundraising teams in their first year), Mixed Charity Challenge (A & B Divisions for top 16 mixed fundraising teams) and Women's Charity Challenge (top 8 women's fundraising teams). Date and time TBA.
Can I pledge myself?
Absolutely! Many people make a donation to kick-off their fundraising to show their potential donors that they are personally supporting the Foundation’s recipient charities.
Who is eligible for a tax receipt?
Electronic receipts are issued automatically for donations of $20 or more made through the online donation system (and by request for donations under $20).
Where do I hand in my collected donations?
We encourage the use of our online donation system which provides features such as:
- Create your personalized donation page
- Send your personal donation link to multiple donors at once
- Post your personal donation link throughout your social media accounts
- Provide immediate e-receipts to donors
- Send thank you messages to your donors
- Or you can deliver cash and/or cheque donations in person at the Foundation office at 180 Kent Street
Are there any prizes for top fundraising teams and individuals?
The 1st place overall fundraising team will receive a complimentary registration for the 2018 festival and the 2nd place team will receive a 50% discount off their entry fee. Top teams also receive some fun prizes to help them celebrate their success as well!
The top fundraising individuals will receive prizes at various levels - $500, $1000, $1500 and $2000+. Individuals who raise $1000+ become members of our prestigious Premiere Dragon Club and will receive a VIP package for 2018 including a coveted VIP parking pass as well as invitations to special events throughout the year and during the festival.
· Hold a fundraiser! Many teams hold fundraising events leading up the festival to raise funds at their workplace or in conjunction with local venues (pubs, comedy clubs, theatres, sports teams, etc).
· Sell raffle tickets! You can sell raffle tickets through the lottery organized by the Foundation and the funds you raise will be credited towards your fundraising total!
· Contribute to our Silent Auction! Donate an item valued at $100 or more to our very popular silent auction held during the festival which raises upwards of $20,000 annually.
Raffle pageStay tuned for details about our 2017 raffle - all team ticket sales get credited to individual and team fundraising totals!
Thursday, June 22: 4pm-9pm
Friday, June 23 4pm-9pm
Saturday, June 24 9am-9pm
Sunday, June 25: 10am-2pm
Bidding closes at 2pm and winning bids can be processed immediately. Accepted methods of payment include cash, Visa and MasterCard.
Stay tuned for a list of 2017 donors!