Ottawa Food Bank
The Ottawa Food Bank provides fresh and non-perishable food, as well as supplies such as diapers, toiletries, and cleaning supplies to its network of over 100 emergency food programs across the city.
Their main goal is to provide emergency food relief to people in need in Ottawa, they are also working towards doing food banking better and making change. They are doing this by focusing on four areas: Improving access
to healthy food. Growing capacity and resilience in their food bank network. Cultivate social innovation in food banking. Participate in advocacy and social change
Why does the Ottawa Food Bank need our support at this time?
- Vulnerable families can’t afford to stock up food for days. Your help, will ensure they have enough.
- Some community food banks in Ottawa may need to close for various related reasons. This gift will help to ensure there is no interruption of service for families who rely on the food bank for food.
- With schools closed indefinitely, this gift will help families provide meals usually received at school or in after school clubs.
- Many fundraising events have been cancelled. This donation will help keep the Ottawa Food Bank shelves stocked for anyone who many need food during this stressful time.
- Grocery stores are having a hard time keeping their own shelves stocked, so donations of non-perishables and fresh food are not coming through the their doors. Ottawa Food Bank need to rely heavily on purchasing at this time.
ABOUT: OTTAWA DRAGON BOAT FOUNDATION (ODBF)
Established to focus on philanthropic efforts in the local community, the foundation has raised $4.8 million in support of 51 local charities. A recipient of the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Ottawa Chapter Outstanding Philanthropic Group in 2018. ODBF is proud to support a number of local charities in 2020 including Ottawa Food Bank, Ausome Ottawa, Canadian Ski Patrol, Camp Ooch, St. Luke’s Table, St Joe’s Women’s Centre, A New Day Youth and Adult Services, The Boys and Girls Club.