Who benefits from the funds I raise for Ottawa Dragon Boat Foundation?
The funds raised through the Pledge Challenge have supported 48 charitable organizations. Learn more about our recently supported causes here.
What is the Charity Challenge Cup?
The Charity Challenge Cup is an extra race for our top fundraising teams! This is where the off-water competition faces off ON the water! Races include Rookie Race (top 8 fundraising teams in their first year), Mixed Charity Challenge (A & B Divisions for top 16 mixed fundraising teams) and Women's Charity Challenge (top 8 women's fundraising teams). See the full Charity Challenge Cup schedule here.
Can I pledge myself?
Absolutely! Many people make a donation to kick-off their fundraising to show their potential donors that they are personally supporting the Foundation’s recipient charities.
Who is eligible for a tax receipt?
Electronic receipts are issued automatically for donations of $20 or more made through the online donation system (and by request for donations under $20).
Where do I hand in my collected donations?
We encourage the use of our online donation system which provides features such as:
- Create your personalized donation page
- Send your personal donation link to multiple donors at once
- Post your personal donation link throughout your social media accounts
- Provide immediate e-receipts to donors
- Send thank you messages to your donors
- Or you can deliver cash and/or cheque donations in person at the Foundation office at 180 Kent Street
Are there any prizes for top fundraising teams and individuals?
The 1st place overall fundraising team will receive a complimentary registration for the 2019 festival and the 2nd place team will receive a 50% discount off their entry fee. Top teams also receive some fun prizes to help them celebrate their success as well!
The top fundraising individuals will receive prizes at various levels - $500, $1000, $1500 and $2000+. Individuals who raise $1000+ become members of our prestigious Premiere Dragon Club and will receive a VIP package for 2019 including a coveted VIP parking pass as well as invitations to special events throughout the year and during the festival.
What are some other ways I can contribute to the Foundation?
· Hold a fundraiser! Many teams hold fundraising events leading up the festival to raise funds at their workplace or in conjunction with local venues (pubs, comedy clubs, theatres, sports teams, etc).
· Sell raffle tickets! You can sell raffle tickets through the lottery organized by the Foundation and the funds you raise will be credited towards your fundraising total!
· Contribute to our Silent Auction! Donate an item valued at $100 or more to our very popular silent auction held during the festival which raises upwards of $20,000 annually.
Visit our Charity Silent Auction Tent to bid on some great gifts for your friends and family or treat yourself!
For more information such as dates and prizes for the silent auction, click here!